Social Media can be both glorious and dangerous. Social media can lead to great connection, but it can also lead to unsafe situations or peril.
University of the Pacific has a safety section on their website, and one page is about social media safety and concerns. With the current dangers involving social media going on, I would like to share them.
- Identity Theft
- Employers can see inappropriate content leading to termination
- School leaders determining expelling.
How to Stay Safe
- Don’t publicly post private information
- Adjust privacy settings for specific posts
- Be wary of who is following you before you post
Social Media can cause identity problems. People can pretend to be you, or pretend to be someone else to use your information or emotions. We need to make the right connections and be safe while doing so. Also, everyone must be careful about how they share. Opportunities can be squashed if an employer, professor, dean, or principal sees the “wrong” things. Be wise about social media.